Southwest Airlines is known for its budgeted airlines. And this quality makes the airlines popular among passengers. So if you are planning for a Southwest Airlines group booking, you can totally book the flight with amazing deals. It also provides complimentary additional checked baggage, flight charges, and so on.
Southwest Airlines Booking Process
The online process:
You can use the online process to make the Southwest Airlines Booking in just a few steps. This online booking is applicable if you are booking for one or more passengers, usually 3 to 5, but not for group travel. You can use the steps that are provided below to make the reservation.
- You need to go to the official page of Southwest Airlines.
- On the main page, you need to choose the destination and arrival points along with the dates.
- Choose the type and class of the tickets and click on the search bar.
- On the next page, you can see various flights to your destination. Choose the flight you prefer and proceed to the next step.
- After selecting the flight, you need to give the passenger details.
- Then make the required payment for your flight tickets.
- Once the payment is done, you will receive the tickets to your registered email address.
You can also use the Southwest Airlines customer service number to make reservations on a Southwest flight. You need to call the official number of Southwest Airlines and request the reservations. Give the details of the passengers and make the payment for the flight tickets. You can easily find the customer service number on the official help page of Southwest Airlines.
Southwest Airlines Group Booking
What is group booking?
Group booking is booking a reservation for more than 10 people. You can use the usual online booking if it is less than 10 people, but if it is a large group, then the group reservation will be the right option. The group booking includes:
- School group
- Booking for wedding
- Family booking
- Musical groups and so on
When making a group booking, you can get great deals and various benefits. If you are planning to make a Southwest Airlines group booking, you need to contact customer service and make the booking. You can use the group travel service of Southwest Airlines at 1-800-433-5368 and make the booking. The service number is available from Monday to Friday, 5 a.m till midnight.
How does group booking work?
There are two ways you can make a group booking. One, you can make a deposit to hold the reservation, or you can pay directly for the flight tickets. Read the below passage to understand better about the group booking.
Deposit - You need to make a deposit of $50 in order to hold the reservation for the group. You can then use your credit card and make the payment.
Final payment - After the deposit, you need to make sure you give all the passenger details in the form to make the reservation. You will receive the form after contacting the group travel service. Once it is done, you can make the reservation.
Things you need to fill out the form:
- Name of the Group leader
- Email address
- Passengers full name
- Date of birth
- The flight departure date
- If it is an international trip, you need passport details
Make sure you have all the details and provide the correct information when filling out the form for Southwest Airlines group booking. The payment can be made using a credit card, Paypal and UATP. If you want to pay using the wire transfer, you can contact the Southwest Airlines service at 1-800-433-5368 or use the email id to get detailed information about the wire transfer.
The Benefits of Southwest Airlines Group Booking:
There are various benefits one may get when a group reservation is made. Here are some of the benefits you get on Southwest Airlines for group booking.
- You get flexible payment. You do not have to rush to make your reservation. Southwest Airlines provided time for your group travel.
- The passengers do not have to make any extra bookings, changes or other changes other than the group fare.
- You can change the name of passengers without any extra charges up to 72 hours before your scheduled flight departure.
- You can get various deals when you book in groups.
- There is also a round-trip benefit. For every 29th passenger, you make a booking, and you will get a free roundtrip from Southwest Airlines.
How to check in for group travel?
For southwest airlines group check-in, you need to: Domestically
- Go to the official page of Southwest Airlines.
- Then you need to click on the check-in option.
- Enter any one of the passengers' last names and confirmation numbers.
- You will now be given two options. To check-in for the whole group, you can check in individually.
- Once the process is over, the passengers' names will be displayed on the screen.
- Certain passengers may not be able to check in online. In that case, you can use the kiosk machine or get the boarding pass at the counter.
- When you are at the airport, you can go to the check-in counter and get the boarding pass for the group.
For Group check-in, you need to: Internationally
- Head to the official page of Southwest Airlines from any of the web browsers.
- Click on the check-in option available on the main page.
- Enter any one of the passengers' last names and the confirmation code in the given text boxes.
- You can only individually check-in for the passengers for international flights.
- You need a valid passport and emergency contact information in order to check-in.
- Upon arrival, you can get your boarding pass at the airport check-in counter.
How can you make changes to the Southwest Airlines group booking?
You can make changes for free on Southwest Airlines for free of cost. To make the change, you need to go to the form you use to enter the details of the passengers. Click on the change option and make the changes that are required. You can make changes until 72 hours before your scheduled flight departure. You can also call the support service of southwest airlines if you are facing any issues or if you require any help.
You can use the above information to make a reservation or a group reservation on Southwest Airlines. If you require any additional information, you can visit the Group travel information page of Southwest Airlines and get the needed help.